Friday 2 May 2008

Dip pen doodles


Being a fan of ballpoints for drawing I thought I'd try out the "real thing" and got hold of a dip-pen handle and two nibs (they cost next to nothing). I already had some ink that's been sitting in my art box for years. Amazingly it's still 100% perfect. :)

Over the course of the last couple of days I created a couple of doodles. One of them is the picture above. A doodle is indeed all it is - I just picked up the pen and idly started tracing shapes and let the pen decide what they would become. The tree was drawn on a bit of white card.

Media: Dip pen with Hiro Leonardt 6H nib. Windsor & Newton inks and a small brush.

1 comment:

GonZoneStudio said...

Nice drawing man. Nibs are great for drawing, most for the great little details you can add to your drawings.